Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dog Modeling - Tips & Advice Part 1

One of my lovely fans asked me the other day if I had any advice on how to get her dog started in dog modeling.  I figured that it was possible some others may have this question as well, so I wanted to do a few blog posts to share what I have learned in the industry so far.

Tip #1:  FASHION

I am NOT just saying this because I am a pet fashion designer, but if you want your dog to get noticed in the pet fashion industry, the quickest way to the top is to show off your doggy couture!  Flash your goods!  :)  Just think of famous celebrities, they always are wearing the latest and greatest fashion and accessories.  Brand names & bling....they look good and you want what they have!  We aren't chasing after "the people of Walmart" to let us know the next big fashion trend now are we? 



Tip #2:  ANGEL EYES

I posted some pics of my dear sweet Chihuahua Amore on Facebook a while ago and someone mentioned that I should try "Angel Eyes" to clear up her tear stains.  I remember thinking "What tear stains"?  Since she has had the staining since she was a wee pup, we honestly thought that it was part of her markings.  We decided to give the "Angel Eyes" a go and we will NEVER be without it again!  This is a must have for doggy models everywhere.  Nothing is more distracting than a big eye goober or discolored crusty eye.  Check out the difference in our before and after:



Word for the wise, be careful about buying your "Angel Eyes" off Ebay!  We saved a few bucks by getting our previous bottle from an Ebay seller....we got an "Angel Eyes" bottle with something else inside.  It was a different texture, color, consistency....and it didn't work!!!!  We are back at square one again with the real stuff.  Luckily in only one week, we are already noticing improvement, yay!

I also wanted to add that we have NOT experienced the same great results with the new "Natural" version.  I would definitely recommend the regular formula over the natural.**

Well, I have to get back to my sewing, but I hope you have found these first few tips helpful!  I will post more in the next few days.  :)

Tail Wags,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Angel eyes always work so well! Looking forward to more fashion modeling posts!

    ReplyDelete